12 Cute and Innovative ways to propose marriage in 20207 min read
No matter how many years you have known your partner, and how cool and casual you may seem in front of them, proposing for marriage can be a nerve-wracking task. It is one of the biggest moments of your life, and you want it to be beautiful and unforgettable. You know your partner best and are aware of what he or she will like and appreciate. Making an extra effort in the proposal and thinking out of the box might earn you some brownie points, and a definite yes.
The best way to propose is the one that truly captures the essence of the couple relationship. In this article, we will present to you some simple yet awe-inspiring proposal ideas so that they surely say yes even before you know it! Before putting any plan to force, the plan and reaction must be captured, so invest in a proposal photographer who will make sure you save the proposal memory forever in film.
If your partner and you share a workspace, or if you know where they work, you can plan to propose them at their workplace, after taking the permission of the authorities, of course.
1. With the help of her co-workers, plan to schedule a sudden meeting at the end of the day. Once she enters the meeting room; surprise her by making an entry.
2. Sneak into your fiancé’s workspace write down the proposal and place it on their work station, and make an appearance once they see the proposal.
For travel enthusiasts couples, a weekend getaway or a flown blown holiday can be the perfect situation to pop the question.
3. Go on a hike and propose to her once you reach the peak. If you are going to the beach, build a sandcastle together, and when your partner is looking elsewhere, place the ring on the tower. Be careful to build this sandcastle far from the waves though!
4. You can even plan an entire proposal while you are on the airplane, and ask the love of your life to marry you, at 35,000 feet. Make sure you have run the plan through the attendants and it does not cause inconvenience to the other travellers.
If you are creative and want to add a personal touch to your proposal, there are many cute ways to propose your fiancé at their home itself.
5. This idea requires some planning and preparation but is worth the effort. Call over friends and family for a house party, and make them wear a shirt containing one alphabet from the phrase “will you marry me?”, then during the group photo, ask them to stand in front of your partner in order, and reveal the grand message!
6. How about you place an empty pizza box on the kitchen table, as soon as your partner hurriedly opens it for a snack, she will be surprised to see your written proposal placed inside. Trust me; she will not be mad at you for not getting her pizza.
7. Call your partner over and switch off all the lights as soon as you see her enter. Create a trail using candles, which leads to a room where the ring is placed in the middle of votives. There is no chance your partner can say no to that!
8. For all the poets, storytellers, and writers, this one is for you. You can write a cute poem about your journey and incorporate a cute proposal within the poem itself. Make sure your partner reads this on their own, and keep a camera ready to record their reaction, once they realize what just happened. You can make a short video, PowerPoint presentation, and make up with pictures and videos of the two of you.
Once the video is over, get on your knees and pop the question. Singers can use their talent and professional record a love song for their special halves.
9. Are you that couple that never misses a chance to attend the concert of your favourite musician or rock band? That is the perfect proposal opportunity right there. Propose your fiancé at the next concert y’all attend. While your band performs your favourite song, sneak up behind her and propose her with a ring. Does your partner love big gestures? Speak to the event organisers beforehand and request the band to call you guys up on stage, then propose to her in front of the entire crowd.
10. No one with a soft heart can say no to puppy eyes, pun intended. With the help of your cute four-legged friends, you can ask your partner to spend the rest of their life with you, and expect a decisive yes. Has your partner ever mentioned wanting to own a pet dog or cat? How about you surprise her with one and in the basket place a note saying, “This is our son/daughter” or “want to look after her/him together, for the rest of our lives?”.
11. This is the best opportunity to utilize the movie buff in you and propose to your loved one filmy-styled. You can re-enact a romantic scene from your or her favourite movie and use your wit and creativity to ask your partner to marry you, using the movie dialogues. This proposal is so funny and effective; your partner will be brimming with joy. Don’t worry if this all seems a bit corny, your partner probably already knows how dramatic you are and will just enjoy the entire show you put up.
12. The world is on the web, and so should your proposal. Wedding websites have become extremely popular as they present several services and bring the entire wedding online.
When you partner with wedding website creators like The Wedsite Company, they create a site crafted personally for the to-be- couple. The Wedsite Company does not even put in all the details of the wedding, but also showcase your love story and how the couple proposed to each other. The team notes down all the details and even uploads the proposal video on your site so that the world can witness your fairytale love story. The website link can be sent to friends and family all over the world, this way you can also announce the wedding date to them.
Now that you have come to the end of the article, we hope that you found this list inspirational and will take a cue from it on how to propose effectively. The most important tip we can give you is, to be honest, sincere, and creative in your proposal. Do not forget to capture the moment so that you can look back at it in the years to come!
If you have any other innovative ideas to propose marriage, share your comment below and let our readers get more creative.